Are you searching for a rewards card that will earn you many discounts, rebates, and the likes? Maybe you have heard of the Pag Ibig Loyalty Card, a card whose tie-ups with restaurants, pharmacies, educational institutions, and others should offer you a multitude of rewards and price cuts. If you are keen on getting one, here are some of the facts that you need to keep in mind:
What is a Pag Ibig Loyalty Card?
Pag Ibig started its loyalty program in 2014 to exploit and make the most of the Pag Ibig membership of the Filipino workforce. Pag Ibig established ties with prominent companies to be able to put forth limited and unique discounts, rewards and benefits to all Pag Ibig members in the country.
In doing so, Pag Ibig Loyalty Card transcended the limitations of a normal government-issued ID. It became a welcome source of monetary relief especially for the typical Filipino who operates on a tight budget and can barely eke out a living. For this reason, the number of Pag Ibig members exploded from 8.8 million in 2010 to 14.8 million in 2014.
According to Secretary Eduardo D. Del Rosario, chairman of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council and Pag Ibig Fund Board of Trustees, the Pag Ibig Loyalty Card’s new and improved version can act as a cash card from which borrowers can withdraw their multi-purpose loans, MP2 dividends, and other monetary gains. This is indeed music to the ears of all Pag Ibig members, as the card seems to keep on adding to its functionalities over time.
Why You Should Get a Pag Ibig Loyalty Card?
1. It also acts as a Cash Card.
Pag Ibig has enlisted the services and expertise of Union Bank and Asia United Bank to bring its vision of the loyalty card being a cash card into fruition. By being a cash card, the Pag Ibig Loyalty Card is now equipped with an EMV chip for faster and safer financial transactions. Pag Ibig is not resting on its laurels, as it seeks to partner with more banks to expand the reach and capabilities of its cash card to all its card-carrying members.
2. Inexpensive Valid ID that lasts for a lifetime.
The Pag Ibig Card, unlike other government-issued IDs, need not be renewed. This represents a welcome relief to those who have to brave the interminable queues at government agencies just to have their IDs renewed. Its validity spans as long as the cardholder lives, which means that purchasing one is only a one-shot deal, saving the applicants so much time, money and effort. It is also one of the most affordable government IDs at present, with the capabilities of a debit card to boot.
3. Wide-reaching Discounts and Benefits.
Arguably, the main motivation for members in getting a Pag IBIG Loyalty Card is its diverse array of discounts and rewards. These discounts are exclusive only to cardholders, which makes getting one all the more compelling. The discounts run the whole gamut of categories, from dining, travel, to even educational ones. Name the discount, and most probably the Pag Ibig Loyalty card has it.
Read Also: How to Maximize Your Pag-IBIG Contributions
How to Get a Pag Ibig Loyalty Card?
For first-timers, you will be eligible to receive the latest version, the Pag Ibig Loyalty Card Plus. For those that possess the older iteration of the card, you need not worry since this is still valid for discounts from allied establishments and companies. Still, if you desire to get the latest Pag Ibig Loyalty Card Plus, you should stick to the new application procedures.
- One (1) valid ID
- Permanent Membership ID (MID) number
- Must be an active Pag Ibig member
For those who have no MID number, chances are you are not a Pag Ibig member yet. Do not fret, since application is made easier by visiting the Pag Ibig online registration page. The main prerequisite is first having your permanent MID number.
After doing so, you can adhere to the following procedures.
- Download and fill out the Pag Ibig Loyalty Card application form;
- Go to the nearest Pag Ibig Fund branch and submit the application form you just completely filled out;
- Prepare and shell out P125 for the registration fee, and remember to not lose the receipt for future claiming of the card;
- Go to the biometrics area to register your picture and fingerprints;
- Double-check all the information you disclosed for potential mistakes before confirming;
- Go to the bank employee to claim and receive your Pag Ibig Loyalty Card Plus and PIN mailer.
Pag Ibig ID Loyalty Card Benefits and Discounts
As previously mentioned, the main selling point of possessing a Pag Ibig ID Loyalty Card is its cornucopia of rewards and benefits. The dizzying array of discounts is a joy to experience and avail of, which include, but are not limited to, the following:
Health and Medication Discounts
- Asian Eye Institute – 15% discount on regular lasik surgery and screening
- Curamed Pharmacy – 10% discount on generic medicines and medical supplies
- Fatima University Medical Center – 25% discount on select medical services
- HealthCube Medical Clinics – 20% discount on laboratory and ancillary procedures
- Healthway Medical – 20% discount on selected laboratory procedures
- Hi-Precision Diagnostics – 5% discount on all laboratory tests
- Mary Johnston Hospital – 20% discount on CBC, urinalysis, fecalysis, and x-ray
- MedExpress Drugstore – 10% discount on RiteMed products
- Medical Center Manila – 8% discount on in-patient and out-patient bills
- MyHealthClinic – 20% discount on laboratory and diagnostic services
Education Benefits and Discounts
- Brentwood Academy of Las Piñas – 10% discount on full payment tuition
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran – 20% discount on tuition fee for select courses
- Digos Institute of Technical Education – 20% discount on tuition fee for select courses
- Diliman College – 30% discount on tuition fee for select courses
- Global Systems Institute of Technology – 50% discount on tuition fee for training courses
- International Colleges for Excellence – 30% discount on college tuition fees
- Informatics College – 10% discount on tuition fee for all courses
- Lyceum Northern Luzon – free tuition for new enrollees in all courses
- Our Lady of Fatima University – 5% discount on tuition fee for Graduate programs
Food and Restaurant Discounts
- Balanghai – 10% discount on food with minimum purchase of P500
- Balay Dako – 10% discount on Deli exclusive to Balay Dako’s products
- Calle Real Restaurant and Catering – 10% discount on dine-in orders
- Crabs N Crack – 10% discount on all seafood bucket
- Crisostomo Filipino Dining – free dessert for a minimum purchase of P1,500
- Formosa Bakeshop – 10% discount on select products
- Gerry’s Grill – free special dish for a minimum purchase of P1,500
- Gloria Maris Restaurant – 10% discount on food for cash payment
- Papa John’s Pizza – 10% discount on all featured pizzas
Shopping Discounts and Benefits
- Hairfood Co – 10% on all products for a minimum purchase of P2,000
- HBC – 10% discount on all HBC products
- Human Nature – 5% discount on all products
- Jockey – 10% discount on regular-priced products
- Lewis N. Clark – 15% discount for a minimum purchase of P3,500
- Pacsafe – 15% discount for a minimum purchase of P3,500
- Rusty Lopez – up to 30% discount for a minimum purchase of P3,000
- Spruce – 10% discount on apparel, footwear, bags, and accessories
- Urbanize – 15% discount for a minimum purchase of P3,500
Beauty and Wellness Discounts
- Belle La Peau – 15% discount on waxing services
- Bioessence – up to 30% discount on select products and services
- David’s Salon – 10% discount on haircut and other services
- Dermcare – 50% discount on diamond peel and other select services
- Luz Facial Care – 205 discount on facial cleaning and diamond peel
- Macho Mucho – 10% discount on major services
- Orangeblush Salon – 10% discount on all services
Travel and Accommodation Discounts
- 2Go Travel – 20% discount on retail ticket fares at select outlets
- Crown Regency Hotels and Resorts – 20% discount on published room rates
- Microtel by Windham – 10% discount on all room accommodations
- Rakso Travel – 5% discount on international and domestic tour packages
Other Discounted Services of Pag Ibig Loyalty Card
- Air21 – 5% discount on domestic shipments
- DHL – 10% discount on published rates for documents and non-documents
- Enchanted Kingdom – 15% discount on regular day passes
- I-Remit – up to 25% discount on remittance fees
- KServico – P500 discount on motorcycles
- Mr. Quickie – 10% discount on all services for a minimum spend of P300