Doing interior designing for your well-loved home is beneficial in various ways. For instance, designing your home is good for your mental health as you can personalize it based on your taste and preference. This allows you to create a space that you fully call your own.
One of the aesthetic furniture you may opt to install to showcase your unique style is the chandeliers. Choosing a good chandelier involves considering several factors such as the style, size, material, and lighting output. It makes the room feel like it’s alive and full of energy. But if you’re not sure which chandelier is right for your home, don’t worry: we’ve got you covered! Bria Homes will walk you through on some tips to help you on how to choose the right chandelier for your space.
- Consider the Style: Chandeliers come in a variety of styles, including traditional, modern, rustic, and crystal. Choose a style that complements your existing decor and overall aesthetic.
- Determine the Size: The size of your chandelier should be proportional to the size of your space. A general rule of thumb is to add the dimensions of the room together in feet, and then convert that number to inches to get an approximate chandelier diameter. For example, a 12×16 room would require a chandelier with a diameter of around 28 inches.
- Think About the Height: Chandeliers should be hung at a height that provides adequate clearance for the tallest person in the room to walk underneath. A general rule of thumb is to hang the chandelier so that the bottom is at least 7 feet from the floor.
- Consider the Material: Chandeliers can be made from a variety of materials, including metal, crystal, glass, and wood. Choose a material that matches your decor and is appropriate for the room’s use and function.
- Check the Lighting Output: Chandeliers can provide ambient lighting or serve as a focal point in a room. Choose a chandelier with the appropriate lighting output for your needs, whether that be brighter for task lighting or softer for ambiance.
You may be surprised to learn that the size of your lightbulb has a big impact on how bright it will be. A standard 60W incandescent has an average luminous intensity of 3,000 lumens, which means it will get you about 30 watts
- Think About the Installation: Consider the installation process before purchasing a chandelier. Will you need an electrician to install it? Will it require additional support? Ensure that the installation process is feasible and within your budget.
By considering these factors, you can choose a chandelier that not only looks great but also meets your functional needs. In short, designing the interior of your home is important because it can improve your quality of life, increase the value of your home, and promote your mental and emotional well-being.
Options for Chandelier designs
After putting into consideration the above-mentioned points, you are now about to go to the next step which is choosing the appropriate design of your chandelier. There are many options for chandelier designs, ranging from traditional to modern, and from ornate to minimalist.
Chandeliers are versatile, and they can be used in any room of your home to add a touch of elegance. You may want to use chandeliers in the halls, foyers and even bedrooms. Chandeliers can also be placed above beds or couches so that they create more light while you are sleeping. That is why is it important to choose the appropriate design of this well-loved chandeliers. Here are some common chandelier designs for you to consider:
- Crystal Chandeliers: These chandeliers are made with crystal or glass components, and are often associated with traditional or formal decor. Crystal chandeliers can range from small and simple to large and ornate, with many different styles of crystals and glass available.
- Modern Chandeliers: These chandeliers are typically sleek and minimalist in design, with clean lines and simple shapes. They often incorporate modern materials like metal, glass, and plastic, and can be an excellent choice for contemporary or industrial decor.
- Rustic Chandeliers: These chandeliers often incorporate natural materials like wood, wrought iron, and rope, and are popular in cabins, lodges, and other rustic settings. They often have a more organic, handcrafted feel to them.
- Transitional Chandeliers: These chandeliers combine elements of traditional and modern design, often featuring classic shapes and materials but with a modern twist. Transitional chandeliers can be a great choice for homes with a mix of traditional and contemporary decor.
- Mini Chandeliers: These are smaller-scale chandeliers that are designed for smaller rooms or to add a touch of glamor to a space. Mini chandeliers can be designed in a range of styles and materials, making them a versatile option for many different spaces.
Ultimately, the design you choose will depend on your personal style and the look and feel you are going for in your space. In summary, knowing how to choose a chandelier designs matter because they can impact the overall aesthetic of a room, complement the decor, affect the lighting, contribute to the style and mood of a space, and allow for personal expression.
Chandeliers that are design in the Philippines
The Philippines has a rich tradition of craftsmanship and design, and there are many chandelier designers and makers in the country. Here are a few examples of chandeliers that are designed and made in the Philippines:
- Vito Selma: Vito Selma is a furniture designer who also designs chandeliers. His chandeliers often feature sculptural, organic shapes and incorporate natural materials like wood and rope.
- Schema: Schema is a lighting design studio that creates handmade lighting fixtures, including chandeliers. Their designs often feature geometric shapes and incorporate local materials like capiz shells and recycled paper.
- Triboa Bay Living: Triboa Bay Living is a furniture and lighting company based in Pampanga, Philippines that produces a range of chandelier designs. Their chandeliers often feature natural materials like rattan and seashells, and incorporate traditional Filipino weaving techniques.
- Hacienda Crafts: Hacienda Crafts is a company that produces handcrafted lighting fixtures, including chandeliers. They use local materials like abaca, capiz shells, and bamboo, and incorporate traditional Filipino weaving and basketry techniques into their designs.
These are just a few examples of the many talented chandelier designers and makers in the Philippines. Their designs often incorporate local materials and traditional techniques, resulting in unique and beautiful lighting fixtures.
Knowing how to choose a right chandelier is a challenging yet a fun experience. It can be surprising, exciting and creative. You’re not just buying a lightbulb; you’re choosing a piece of furniture that will last for years and make your home feel more like an extension of yourself.
Are you looking for residential subdivisions and affordable house and lot? Bria Homes’ projects and developments are surely the one you are searching for! You may incorporate your intent to have your dream home with chandelier ready spaces from the beginning of construction. Interested? Contact our able agents and brokers or visit Bria Homes’ Official Website and start your journey with us!