Despite the changes we’re forced to experience, new trends have emerged. Especially now that we’re mostly stuck at home, the internet was able to gather New Home Features and Accessories during the pandemic that went viral.
The COVID-19 pandemic has arguably been the most impactful worldwide experience over the last several decades. Akin to the story of a great fiction novel, a new virus sweeps all nations, knocking everyone down and life is never the same again.
All aspects of our lives have been shaken, and nothing has been spared of the pandemic’s wrath. The manner by which we work, buy things, study, entertain ourselves and even the way we plan for our homes in the years to come have been altered by the coronavirus.
As a Bria Homeowner, how will the COVID-19 pandemic affect you? What are the viral home trends spawned by the pandemic that you can anticipate to witness and maybe adapt for your own Bria property? We can study and respond accurately to some of the queries that we have on our minds, such as how coronavirus is shaping what homeowners are now focusing on in their domiciles. Here are some of the pandemic-driven, upcoming home trends that we can foresee in the near future:
1. Preference for homes that are more spacious and are more illuminated
Due to the stay-at-home orders and social distancing safety protocols implemented by the government, homeowners are now striving to make their indoor experiences as good, if not better, than the ones that they previously had outdoors. With that, an emerging trend in this home feature and accessories have been in demand.
Going to the malls and shopping centers has now been replaced by shopping online on a smartphone or laptop. Our fingers are now doing the virtual walking to the virtual malls such as Finds, A Discount Store. Instead of going to the gym to work out, we now are more apt to utilize the garage to perform exercises such as push-ups, crunches, and jumping rope. If we have space and money to space, we can dedicate a room or section of the house and convert it into a powder room or home gym, with an assortment of dumbbells and exercise machines.
Also, staying at home prevents us from enjoying the sunlight as much as we would love to. We can instead resort to painting a fresh coat of white paint or installing more lighting that simulate the sun’s brightness to the whole room. The addition of more lighting somehow offsets our powerlessness to bask in the glow of the sun due to quarantine restrictions.
To satisfy our increased need for illumination, we can shop online at the AllHome website. They offer a variety of decorative lights and other lighting tools to choose from, some of which are the following:
- Garden Lantern Posts
- Ceiling Lamps
- Hanging Lamps
- Table Lamps
- Floor Lamp
- Solar Lights
- Pathway Lights
To satisfy our increased need for increased spaces, we can shop online for materials or fixtures that save space, improve storage, and remove clutter at the AllHome website. Some examples are the following:
- Umbrella Holders
- Laundry Baskets/ Hampers
- Coat Racks
- Toy Storage Carts
- Woven Baskets
- Shoe Stands/ Racks
- Utility Carts
- Storage Organizers
- Mini Boxes
- Collapsible Crates
- Storage Boxes
- Modular Drawers
- Side Tables
- Wardrobe Closets
2. More Complete Kitchens/ Pantries
During the Pre-COVID times, we are accustomed to visiting restaurants and eateries to satisfy our weekly cravings. However, since the food and restaurant industry has been hit hard by the government-imposed lockdowns and community quarantines, we are left with no other choice but to eat inside our homes.
Out of the blue, we have quickly realized that our kitchens, dining rooms, or pantries are insufficient to meet our goal of ingesting a wide array of foods. Recently built or renovated kitchens are now being armed with more food-related paraphernalia and appliances to become more useful. Since cooking inside the house has become more frequent, kitchens must be more complete, with more complex materials.
- Electric Ovens
- Coffee Makers
- Rice Cookers
- Induction Cookers
- Electric Kettles
- Gas and Electric Stoves
- Pop-Up Toasters
- Oven Toasters
- Smart Multi-Cookers
- Barbecue Grills
- Food Steamers
- Stand Mixers
- Water Dispenser
- Microwave Ovens
- Air Fryers
- Juice Extractors
- Pressure Cookers
- Waffle/ Pancake/ Burger Makers
- Turbo Broilers
- Air Coolers
- Industrial Fans
- Egg Boilers
- Manual Cast Irons
- Sandwich Makers
- Stand Fans
To round up your Bria Home dining room, you will surely need all the kitchen essentials such as the following:
- Kitchen Ware: Bakeware, Cookware, Kitchen Tools and Gadgets
- Table Ware: Dining Ware, Drinkware, Flatwares, Serveware, Tableware Accessories
- Pantry Organizers and Accessories: Fruit Baskets, Food Containers, Rice Stockers, Condiment Sets, Fridge Organizers, Dish Racks, Cutlery Trays, Canisters, Cup and Mug Racks, Utensil Holders
- Cooking and Pantry Needs: Condiments and Oils, Pasta and Noodles, Baking Products, Spreads, Dressings, Canned Goods, Preserves, Sugar, Rice
- Dining Room Furniture: Dining Sets, Dining Table, Kitchen Trolleys, Coffee Table, Bar Set, Bar Stools. Bar Tables, Buffet Cabinets, Dining Chairs, Kitchen Cabinets, Kitchen Racks
- Kitchen Linen: Kitchen Towels, Potholders and Mittens, Aprons and Utility Uniforms, Kitchen Appliance Covers, Kitchen Curtains and Accessories, Washing Machine Covers, Laundry Mesh Bags
3. Increased Emphasis on Confidentiality
As the hours spent staying at home with family members increased due to lockdown orders, the possibility of friction rises since confidentiality is violated through eavesdropping and other surreptitious means. In light of this, the saying familiarity breeds contempt comes to mind.
To lessen the probability of such encroachments on privacy, parents are saving up to build separate rooms or sanctuaries for each family member. Consequently, there is an increased yearning for having multiple bedrooms inside every house. Existing and aspiring Bria Homeowners can think of endless possibilities to have an entire room where each one can treat as his own refuge against meddlesome housemates.
At the All Homes Website, we can shop for curtains and dividers to provide a semblance of separation and privacy, such as the following:
- Blackout Curtains
- Sheer Plain Curtains
- Jacquard Curtains
- Sheer Stripes Curtains
- Sheer Mesh Curtains
- Elsen Dividers
- Shelf Dividers
We can shop for the following if we plan to add new bedrooms to our Bria Home:
- Bedframes: Single, Twin, Double, Queen, King, Boxbed, Bunkbed, Double Deck, Folding Bed, Headboard, Pullout Bed
- Mattresses: Foam, Foldable Foam, Spring Single, Spring Twin, Spring Double, Spring Queen, Spring King, Other Spring Mattresses
- Bedroom Linen: Blankets, Comforters, Bed Spreads, Duvet Covers, Bedsheets and Pillowcases, Pillows and Fillers, throw pillow, Protectors, Toppers
- Floorings and Tiles: Carpet Tiles, Ceramic Tiles, Laminated Flooring, Vinyl Tiles, Wood Plastic Composite, Pavers, hardwood floors
- Construction Materials: Cement and Aggregates, Building Décor, Doors and Jambs, Roofing, wall to wall carpeting, Boards, Insulation, Specialty Materials, Steels, front door, Windows, Mouldings, S4S, and Other Lumber
4. Gleaming Home Offices and Work Stations
There has always been a talk about the merits of work-from-home before COVID-19 even came into existence. A great many multinational firms have explored and tested the idea, in various alternative working arrangements. Schemes such as skeleton workforce, staggered working hours, four-day workweek, and work-from-home have yielded surprising benefits to firms worldwide. The main idea is to give workers the option to perform their duties and responsibilities at home, and this choice is made possible by a stable internet connection together with a trusty computer.
However, COVID-19 forced us to expedite the enforcement of work-from-home as one of the main modes of employment, as social distancing measures prevent companies from having full-packed and fully-staffed offices.
Careers such as virtual assistants and online coaches have suddenly become feasible, which is a silver lining of the hard, draconian lockdowns. If you have raucous or rambunctious children at home, you suddenly realize that your small room in the corner of your house allotted for working is now insufficient. You are forced to deal with the fact that you must turn this one space into a gleaming home workspace that resembles your cubicle inside some high-rise skyscraper in the metropolis. Your job security is at stake, and your ability to work from home might be proportional to your staying power in the workforce.
To set up your brand-new Bria Home office, the All Home website offers you the supplies and equipment to make your ideas a reality in affordable ways. Some pieces of office furniture that double duty as main fixtures in your new shiny home office are the following:
- Lateral Filing Cabinet
- Mobile Pedestal
- Office Chair
- Office Table
- Steel Cabinet
- Vertical Filing Cabinet
- Office Package
You could also opt to purchase so-called business machines to keep your home operations humming and smoothly running, also available at the All Home Online store. Examples of these are the following:
- Handheld Calculator
- Scientific Calculator
- Paper Shredder
The main equipment of choice, of course, is your personal computer. Secondary to this is your internet connection, which makes working from home possible. The All Home website has many available items related to computers and networking, which are the following:
Accessories: Four-port USB Hub, Laptop Sleeve, USB-C
- Media Hub, Laptop Bag, Mouse Pad, Tower Head Set Stand, UPS, Spring Monitor Arm, Laptop Holder, CPU Holder, Power Supply, Print Cable, LAN Cable, Cooling Fan, Display Port Cable, Flat Cable, HDMI to VGA Converter, Phone Holder, Audio Cable, Ethernet Adapter, HDMI to DVI Cable, Cable Organizer, Tablet Stand, Desktop Stand, Stereo Aux Cable, Car Mount, Anti-Theft Bag
- Components: CPU Casing, Monitor
- Laptops: Laptops, Idea Pads
- Network Devices: Routers, WiFi Range Extenders, WiFi Mesh
- Peripherals: Writing Tab, Gaming Mouse, Gaming Keyboard, Wireless Mouse, Headset, Webcam, Flashdrive, Speakers, Media Pointer, USB, Microphone, Mobile Projector, External Hard Drive
Having a well set-up home office definitely became a home feature and accessories trend due to online communities about interior designs and room set ups.
5. Areas Allotted for Play and Working Out
Staying at home during this pandemic has deterred many Filipinos from frequenting the gyms and fitness centers. The playgrounds have also been empty, such as basketball courts, badminton courts, track and field ovals, and the likes.
The absence of commuting to and from work also suddenly provided us lots of idle time. Also, easy and unhindered access to the fridge has afforded us to eat more than usual, leaving more calories to incinerate. Those who have disposable income are able to turn sections of their houses into home gyms. Other well-to-do families have constructed swimming pools and other playground fixtures for children such as slides, seesaws, and swings. An added benefit to keeping your body engaged is also keeping your brain engaged.
If your Bria Home garage has space for a swimming pool, you could do well with these products for sale on the All Home online store:
- Fun Pool
- Rider Float
- Swim Ring
- Beach Ball
- Swim Vest
- Inflatable Airmat
- Inflatable Airbed
- Air Filter Pump
6. Spacious Lot Areas to Accommodate Hobbies Such as Gardening
On social media, being a plantito or plantita (Filipino slang for male and female gardeners) has been in vogue since the start of the pandemic. Taking care of plants has proven to be therapeutic for many homeowners. They get to be immersed at something they can control in the midst of pandemic chaos, thereby relieving stress in the process.
The unspeakable joy of growing and nurturing something with your bare hands is priceless in itself. As you gain experience, you can reach a point where you grow everything that you eat, such as fruits and vegetables of multifarious variety. Needless to say, gardening requires ample land in which you can plant seeds and weave the magic of your green thumb. Your garden whether in your back porch or entrance hall, if properly cultivated, could soon be a beautiful area for your children and a potential venue for future outdoor picnics and grilling events.
To bring your gardening dreams into fruition, the All Home online store offers a variety of lawn, grilling, and gardening tools for your Bria Home garden:
- Solar Torch Light
- Rechargeable Camping Lamp
- Basting Brush
- Grill Cover
- Grill Maintenance Kit
- Gas Grill
- Charcoal Grill
- Charcoal Briquettes
- Garden Hoe
- Transplanting Trowel
- Garden Rake
- Garden Hose
- Wall Pot
- Planter Box
- Knapsack Sprayer
- Hand Sprayer
- Pressure Sprayer
- Grass Trimmer
- Pruning Shear
- Lawn Mower
- Hose Connector
- Hose Reel
- Spray Nozzle
- L-Shape Knife
- Packet Seeds (Sitao, Mustard, Cucumber, Red Onion, Upo, Sigarilyas, Lettuce, Wansoy, Bitter Gourd, Spinach, Tomato, Hot Pepper, Eggplant, Okra, Pechay)
- Flower Seeds (California Poppy, Everlasting Daisy, Zinnia Lilliput, Sunflower)
- Herbs (Italian Parsley, Thyme, Sweet Basil)
- Seed Raising
- Potting Mix
In sum, the pandemic forces us to be flexible and adaptable enough to respond to changes that would make our homes a peaceful refuge in a time of great uncertainty. Although challenging, the pandemic has brought new changes and trends – mostly in our home life that includes home features and accessories as shown above. Today is still a great time to be a Bria Homeowner in the face of a raging pandemic, since Bria properties offer quality homes at an affordable price.
The money saved could in turn be used in things that matter the most, as the coronavirus continues to prove that life is too short to be spent on immaterial pursuits.
If you are an aspiring Bria Homeowner, maybe now is the time to finally decide to make your dream a reality.
Written by John Jerome Bongato