The differences between a bed and a mattress are unclear to many of us. A bed is an entire sleeping arrangement that includes a bedframe constructed of wood or metal as well as pillows, blankets, mattresses, and bed linens. The section of the bed you lie on is the bed mattress, which is soft and pleasant. Get to know the mattress types and which one suits your bed best.
Sleep is an important process that allows your body and mind to recover so that you can wake up feeling revitalized and aware. A good night’s sleep is also important for keeping the body disease-free and healthy. The brain cannot function effectively without enough sleep. Your capacity to focus, think clearly, and process memories may be hampered by this. The quality of sleep is greatly improved by a good bed mattress, which provides the ideal combination of necessary comfort and support while maintaining the body’s natural posture and spinal alignment.
What Type of Mattress Could be Best for You?
Your bedroom serves as both a refuge and a hiding place. This Implies that everything inside of it need to be comfy, lovely, and helpful to you. The choice of your bed and the mattress that goes on top of it is the most crucial of all. When furnishing the bedroom, the mattress-selection process is crucial. How, though, can you tell which mattress is best for you?
Read Also: Should You Opt for a Loft Type Bed?
1. Memory foam
memory foam type of mattress is constructed from several layers of various foams. This kind of bed mattress is designed to follow your natural curves while you sleep, relieving pressure spots on your back, shoulders, and hips as well as easing general aches and pains. They accomplish this by softening the material with the heat from your body and molding it to your body to provide better support and comfort.
Benefits of using of Memory Foam
- Maximizes your heat – One of the best features of solid memory foam is its ability to conform to your specific shape using your body heat and pressure. What matters in this case is the “visco” component of viscoelastic. The memory foam really becomes more viscous as a result of your body heat softening it. You can take it all in because of this. It essentially turns your body into a mold. The foam returns to its natural state once you get out of bed. That is the “elastic” component.
- Relieving the pain – The fact that memory foam is effective in reducing pain in pressure points is a nice feature. These mattresses could be able to help if you suffer from arthritis or joint pain. You will be cushioned and any impact you may otherwise experience will be lessened.
2. Spring Mattress
Beds with dozens to hundreds of metal springs acting as an underside support layer are known as spring mattresses, often known as innerspring mattresses. Additionally, they include layers of plusher, softer material for added comfort. Some people discover that spring beds feel initially more supportive than foam. Spring mattress is considered the most popular choice for the type of bed mattress today.
Benefits of using Spring mattress
- Exceptional body support – Unlike other mattresses, spring mattresses are sturdy and powerful. Almost all body types can be supported by them. For instance, if you and your partner have a significant disparity in body size, spring mattresses will offer the ideal level of comfort for a restful night’s sleep.
- Best air circulation – Your body receives good air circulation on a spring mattress. Many people experience warmth after a restful night’s sleep. Compared to other mattress kinds, spring mattresses have more ventilation because of their open coils. It has better airflow than mattresses made of memory foam. This is due to the compact nature of memory foam mattresses. Summertime body heat buildup is quite harmful. As a result, throughout the summer you should always use a spring mattress.
- Bacteria Resistant – Like other mattresses, the right spring mattress won’t harbor any sort of microorganisms. This element also aids in having a cool night’s sleep. In chilly environments, bacteria have a hard time growing. Since spring beds are not constructed of foam, bacteria cannot survive even if they try. This also makes it simpler and more unafraid to clean folks.
3. Latex foam mattress
To provide a firm and long-lasting sleeping surface, latex foam is combined with either springs or reflex foam in a latex mattress. Dunlopillo first recognized the potential of latex, which is produced naturally from the sap of the rubber tree, in the early 1900s. Latex is more rubbery and stiff. When pressure is applied, its period of recovery is quicker.
Benefits of using Latex foam mattress
- Pressure-relieving – because latex is stretchy, it can quickly adapt to your weight, shape, and movements. Your body’s heaviest areas can be supported by this flexibility, which provides excellent pressure relief.
- Hypoallergenic – due to the structure of latex, it has a built-in resistance to dust mites. This keeps the sleeping environment clean and wholesome.
- Eco-friendly – over 90 million tons of carbon dioxide are converted into oxygen annually by the rubber trees used to produce latex. This makes latex one of the greenest mattress fillings on the market.
- Breathable – The open-cell structure of natural latex foam allows for continuous airflow. Additionally, pinholes are incorporated into the foam layers to improve ventilation. Most notably, mattresses made of natural latex contain minimal to no additives whereas those made of synthetic materials have chemicals that keep body heat in.
4. Air mattress
An air mattress is an inflatable mattress made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), textile-reinforced urethane plastic, or rubber. It is also referred to as an airbed or a blow-up bed. The deflated mattress can be carried in a tiny form or stored. By breathing into a valve, either manually or with an electric pump, they are inflated. Some are inflated automatically when a valve is opened, up to a specific pressure, and then require further human or mechanical inflation. This type of bed mattress is casually used for camping and other outdoor activities.
Benefits of using air mattress
- Storage – Storing the air bed is also very easy. You can just roll the bed from end to end, stuff it inside its carry-on bag, and you are good to go. Storing it at home is also very easy. Just wash it occasionally and let it air dry before storing it once again inside a bag or a box. It is very compact, so it does not need a lot of space.
- Durable – The majority of air beds today are made of durable vinyl. Up to 600 pounds of weight can be supported by air mattresses. Vinyl materials are simple to roll and unroll without harming the bed.
As a whole, Your own needs and suitability vary in bed mattress compatibility. The above mentions a series of information that might suit your bedrooms from your affordable house and lot or condominium from BRIA Homes. Your chosen type of bed should be welcoming, safe, and comfy. Furthermore, getting a good night’s sleep keeps you fit and healthy. Along with making an investment in a nice bedroom style and arrangement, picking the right bed mattress is essential. You can concentrate on your health, longevity, and total peace of mind if you get the right mattress.
BRIA Homes, one of the Philippines’ leading housing developers, aims to bring affordable house and lot packages and condominium units closer to ordinary Filipino families. BRIA Homes takes pride in its quick construction time. It uses new home building technologies in every project to reduce construction time without sacrificing quality.