Bataan, “a living monument of Valor, Gallantry, and Heroism.” In this article, we’ll give you some of the reasons to live in Bataan in case you’re already planning to a new place.
Bataan is famous in history. It had more than its share of significant historical events. It is known as a symbol of freedom and democracy, notably for the battle of the countries involved. In The Philippine Revolution of 1896, Bataan joined the other provinces in Luzon, which revolted against Spanish rule. Under heavy aircraft and artillery shelling from invading Japanese forces, the beleaguered Filipino – American troops valiantly defended the last bastion until the “Fall of Bataan” on April 9, 1942.
Bataan is not just good in history but Bataan has so much to offer like culture, beauty, jobs, beaches, and good food.
Here are 5 Reasons to Live in Bataan:
1. JOB OPPORTUNITIES
First on our list on why you should live in Bataan is that they had the lowest poverty incidence at 2% in 2015. It was no. 7 among 79 provinces in 2006 and jumped to no. 1 in 2015. So the job opportunities here are everywhere. You can see a lot of jobs in every municipality especially in Hermosa and Mariveles.
Fishing and Farming is one of the main sources of income in Bataan. Industrial jobs are also everywhere. Like Hermosa Ecozone Industrial Park at Hermosa, Bataan 2020 Inc. at Samal, Freeport Area of Bataan (FAB) at Mariveles, San Miguel Corporation a Mariveles, Petron Refinery Station at Limay, GN Power at Mariveles, and many more.
2. ROAD NETWORKS, INFRASTRUCTURES, AND TRANSPORTATION
We, Filipinos, love to travel, and here in Bataan, everything is accessible. Bataan is near NLEX (North Luzon Express Way) which will bring you to Manila in just 2-3 hours. It is also near SCTEX (Subic-Clark-Tarlac Express Way) which will bring you to the different sides of Central Luzon.
There’s also an upcoming project by Mr. Mark Villar, that Every worker in the South would love, the Bataan-Cavite Interlink Bridge Project also known as Manila Bay Bridge that will connect Bataan and Cavite. It will be easier for them to travel from the Capital to the Province.
And lastly, the transportations in Bataan are all available. The old Jeepneys, mini Buses and Air-conditioned buses, Electric jeeps, and Tricycles that will bring you to every part of Bataan. And to add up the newest mode of transportation here in Bataan is the Ferry Services, which will bring you to Manila in just 1 hour.
Filipinos really love to eat, and Bataan is one of the provinces that offers good food that can give you comfort.
- Seafood, like crabs, seashells, shrimps, and fish.
- Tinapa is very common as a homecoming treat or locally known as “pasalubong”.
- Milkfish or “Bangus” is the top choice for tinapa that comes in boneless and savory.
- The very famous ice cream from “Genos”.
- Pancit Palabok from “Aling Chedeng”.
There are also places that offer good food like:
- Joyous Tangway Grill and Restaurant Located in the City of Balanga
- Marres Kitchen located at Pilar, who offers the best sisig in town
- The Beanery located in different parts of Bataan
- Loleng’s Hu Tiue-An located at Morong who offers Vietnamese foods
- Pupung Grill located at Mariveles
- The Coffee Project located at Vista Mall Bataan
- Hap Chan Located at Balanga who offers good Chinese foods
- Saverde located at Abucay where they can satisfy your “Beef Tapa” cravings
4. SCHOOLS AND CHURCHES
Schools are essential for everyone, especially for kids and young adults. Here in Bataan, all municipalities have their respective schools. From Junior Casa, Senior Casa, Advance Casa, Grade schools, Junior High school, Senior High school, Colleges, and Graduate School. Both Private schools and Public Schools are just around the corner such as Bataan Peninsula State University, Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific, and Colegio de San Juan de Letran. We also have State University which offers free tuition fees.
And of course, the church is one of the go-to places of a Filipino. In Bataan all kinds of churches are can be seen in every municipality. Christians, Catholics, or other Religions are present here.
And lastly, Bataan’s very own tourist destinations. Bataan is offering a lot of go-to places.
In choosing your home, you want both comfort and leisure at the same time. Bataan is perfect for that dream of living in a City life but also in Province life because of its tourism. So here are some of the tourist spot Bataan has to offer:
- Las Casas Filipinas De Acuzar – It is the Philippines’ first-ever heritage resort located at Bagac, Bataan. It showcases over 30 heritage houses from different parts of the Philippines fully restored. It’s like you travel to different provinces here in Las Casas.
- Five Fingers: It is named Five fingers because it looks like five fingers on Bataan Map. Here you can explore the hidden coves located at Mariveles, Bataan.
- Mt. Samat Shrine of Valor: Located at Pilar, Bataan. It is the most important and recognizable World War II sire in Bataan. Start saving up and have your own house where you can build good memories with your family. It is also called the “Dambana ng Kagitingan” it has a memorial cross that pays tribute to the heroism of the Filipino and American troops / Filipino and American soldiers during the said war. You can enjoy the majestic view of Manila Bay at the top of the cross viewing deck. You can also visit the Bataan World War II Museum.
- Pawikan Conservation Center: located at Morong, Bataan. It is a safe haven for Philippine Pawikan or the sea turtles. The center provides protection as well as facilities for hatching and healing.
- Tala / Bataan National Park: Located at Orani, Bataan. If you’re a nature lover, Tala is the best place to go.
- Fall of Bataan Marker (Balanga) wetland and nature park: located at Balanga, Bataan. Go birdwatching here, because different kinds of Birds are visiting this place.
- Corregidor Island: even if it is located in Cavite, most people associate it more with Bataan. Because it’s just a short distance away. Enjoy Bataan’s very own “The ruins”
- Beaches and Mountains: If you want to have a quick getaway there are a lot of beaches in Bataan located at Bagac, Bataan to Morong, Bataan. And if you love hiking Bataan also has its very own mountains, one of them is the Mt. Tarak, located at Mariveles, Bataan.
Bataan is rich in history, but this province is also a good place to live. Bataan is now more enhanced, that’s why here in Bataan you can both live a City-life and a Province-life. Start having your dream life here in the Province of Natural wonders.
Written by Patricia Aileen Aquino