Fresh out from college and ready to take on a career in your chosen field? It’s time that you prepare your pre-employment requirements! And one of which would be having a valid ID. Aside from pre-employment requirements, it is necessary also to have a Philippine government-issued ID for your important transactions, access to different benefits, and enjoy privileges. Like as your milestones, as a young professional, your first real estate investment, your first car, your application for a credit card, phone line, etc. Make sure you have at least one valid ID so it will be easier for you to make the necessary transactions.
Here is the list of valid IDs in the Philippines this 2022:
It is not just a travel requirement whenever you want to travel outside of the country, you can also use it in various private and government-related transactions. This Philippine government-issued ID is issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) valid for 10 years. Price ranges from Php 950 to Php 1,200.
Should you wish to book an appointment scheduled for renewal or application, you may check out their website
- Confirmed online appointment
- Duly filled application form
- Original and photocopy of birth certificate and/or marriage certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
- Valid government-issued ID
If you like driving a vehicle, on long or city drives, make sure you have applied for a Driver’s license from the Land Transportation Office (LTO). They issued three (3) different types: Student, Non-Professional and Professional. They are valid for 1 year, 3 years, and 5-10 years respectively. Note that if you have been a law-abiding citizen and have not incurred any violations before renewal, LTO automatically renews the driver’s license with 10-year validity. It costs from Php 317 – Php 685. For applicants below legal age, 18 years old, parent’s consent with a copy of the parent’s valid government-issued ID should be provided.
- Driver’s License Application Form
- Original and photocopy of PSA-Authenticated birth certificate and/or marriage certificate
- Tax Identification Number
- Medical Examination Certificate
- Theoretical Driving Course Certificate
You may check their website for more information: www.lto.gov.ph
This is one of the easiest valid IDs to get as compared with the rest. This is issued by Philheatlh with no charge and is already valid for a lifetime.
- Duly-filled PhilHealth Member Registration Form
- 1 x 1 ID picture (2 pieces)
- Photopcy of PSA-authenticated birth certificate and/or marriage certificate
- Two valid government-issued IDs
SSS UMID Card
Issued by the Social Security System (SSS). An initial application does not need any fee but a replacement of lost cards may cost Php 200. This is valid for a lifetime. Note that only SSS members with at least one posted contribution are qualified to apply for an SSS UMID card. For those who requested loans, this card may also be used as the ATM Card from Unionbank.
- Duly-filled UMID application form
- A copy of one valid government-issued ID
This identification is one of the easiest and fastest IDs to get and is valid for 3 years. This Php 450 worth of ID can be issued to anybody by PHLPost as long as they have the following:
- Two copies of duly-accomplished Postal ID application form
- Proof of identity and address
This ID Is free and may be issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) to anybody who has an existing TIN. While taxpayers or employees don’t need to have their Tax Identification Number handy, this is one of the valid IDs employees should ideally have. Tax Identification Numbers are reflected in the various BIR Forms anyway. For one to get a TIN ID, you may visit any Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) office and submit the required documents.
- Duly accomplished BIR Form 1902 or 1904 form
- 1 valid government-issued ID
- Marriage certificate if applicable
- Philippine Statistics Authority Birth Certificate
It has been five (5) years since the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) stopped issuing the voter’s ID to give way to the Nationa ID System. However, for those who still have their Voter’s ID, this still can be valid for some transactions in the government and private offices.
The NBI Clearance is physically and technically not an ID. However, some institutions consider it as a valid ID due to the strict application process you undergo before getting one as this is issued by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). One can go online to reserve an appointment schedule at the BIR office or satellite offices in the malls. This is valid for 1 year only and costs Php 130.
- 2 valid government-issued IDs
Issued by the Professional Regulation Commission, to serve as proof of identity and license to operate as a professional. Usually, this is given to accountants, engineers, architects, dentists, and doctors, even real estate professionals among many others. This is valid for 3 years and can be renewed as long there are CPD Units earned. PRC ID charges are dependent on whether you got a baccalaureate degree and or if you are getting it per year or for 3 years.
- Duly accomplished application form
- One passport-size picture on white background with a full name tag
- CPD units earned
- Special Power of Attorney and valid ID if filed through a representative
Senior Citizen ID
To enjoy the perks of being a senior citizen, one should have the Senior Citizen ID. This ID is issued by the Office of the Senior Citizen Affairs. This is free of charge and is valid for the rest of one’s life. Seniors who present this ID can delight in a 20% discount on food, medicines, basic groceries, public transportation, medical and dental services even movie tickets. To get one, just go to your municipality’s Office of the Senior Citizen Affairs and bring the following:
- Application form from the Office of the Senior Citizen’s Affairs (OSCA)
- Birth certificate or any proof of the applicant’s age
- Valid ID
- Proof of Residency
OWWA OFW e-Card
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) encourages Overseas Filipino Workers to get an OFW ID or the OWWA OFW e-Card to assist them with banking and government-related or bank transactions This identification is free of charge and is valid for 2 years and issued by the Municipal Office. To get this ID, just create an account on DOLE’s website, apply for an OFW ID, and just choose how you want to get the ID, whether you wanted to pick it up or just have it delivered to your doorstep.
- Overseas Employment Certificate
- 2 valid government-issued IDs
The National ID o PhilSys ID is issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) ad is valid for a lifetime. You don’t need to pay for this as this is an identity that all citizens should have based on Republic Act 11055 or the Philippine Identification System Act. You may start the processing of the id through the www.regiser.philsys.gov.ph and book an appointment at the nearest registration center.
- PSA-issued Birth Certificate
- Any valid government-issued ID
If you have secured one already, you may check this website if you have applied for your National ID: How to Track the Status of Your Philippine National ID?
Identification for the Persons with Disability issued by the Persons with Disability Office (PDAO), of the City Municipal Health Office, Office of the Mayor. This is valid for a lifetime. Similar to the Senior Citizen ID Card, this is free of charge. PWDs who present this ID can enjoy a 20% discount on food, medicines, basic groceries, public transportation, medical and dental services even movie tickets.
o Duly accomplished PWD ID application form
o Any valid government-issued ID
o 2 1×1 ID picture
o Clinical abstract or medical certificate
Aside from the enumerated Philippine Government-issued IDs, here are the secondary Valid IDs in the Philippines that can still be accepted by some government agencies and private companies:
- Police Clearance
- Barangay Clearance
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Community Tax Certificate (Cedula)
- GSIS ID – issued by the Government Services and Insurance Corporation (GSIS)
- IBP ID – issued by the Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Diplomat ID – issued by the Philippine Embassy
- GOCC and Government Office ID – issued by a branch or agency of the government
- Alien Certification of Registration
- Seaman’s Book – issued by the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA)
- Company ID – issued by duly-registered private institutions
Getting your valid government ID in the Philippines may cost you a lot of energy, time, and money. But it will be worth it when you can fully use the ID for its purpose. Transactions will be faster and will be hassle-free when you have Philippine government-issued IDs. If you don’t have one yet, start applying for one now!
Written by: Marico Badig