While a major amount of the nation remains at home, safety precautions for COVID-19 pandemic must spread across the world. This school year the Department of Education announced that there will be face-to-face classes. Children, families, and teachers need to know the safety precautions and survival kit list that the students may bring to school along with adjusting to the new normal of returning to school. A few students are getting ready to resume upcoming face-to-face classes and others are still uncertain due to the possible threat of the pandemic.
According to DepEd every school, public or private, must have switched to five days of face-to-face instruction by November 2, 2022. Neither school should be permitted to establish fully blended learning or distant learning after the specified timeframe, except for schools that are implementing Alternative Modes.
In the regulation, the DepEd will utilize any of the following procedures to enable schools “enough time to gradually shift” to the five-day in-person classes:
- Five days of face-to-face classes
- Blended learning: Three days of face-to-face instruction followed by two days of online education, or four days of face-to-face instruction accompanied by one day of e – a learning platform.
- Complete distance education
Since face-to-face classes will be required students must be prepared. It’s been Two years of having online classes and It can’t deny that students missed the actual form of studying. Schools are requiring every student to be fully vaccinated before going to school. They are all excited about meeting their classmates having friends with them, and experiencing the new normal that is why taking safety precautions while attending school is also essential:
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS OF FACE-TO-FACE CLASSES
The institution will take safety precautions to prevent infections as effectively as possible to avoid this particular catastrophe. Therefore, it is crucial for all subjects in face-to-face classes—students and instructors exert extra effort. This implies that everyone must cooperate. The policy establishes requirements for institution preparation for resuming. This utilizes the Protect, Recognize, Separates, Cure, and Reunite structure and emphasizes the value of having access to water, sanitation, and cleanliness establishments, having a ventilation system in classrooms, making sure that classroom arrangements allow for physical distance among students, giving priority to students who will advantage the most from restricted face-to-face learning, managing number of visitors, and conducting simulation exercises before the real number is put into place
Proper ventilation is the best way to secure the safety of everyone. Switching the air conditioning or air filtration systems in opening numerous windows and doors, and employing fans can all be beneficial. Maintaining windows open a few spaces while traveling to and from school might enhance air circulation.
Here are some essential safety precautions for the targeted face-to-face classes:
Healthcare and COVID-19 Safety Precautionary Measures
- Must make a greater effort than ever to avoid being sick.
- Do frequently drink water and wash your hands regularly.
- Always wear face mask in all public areas, particularly schools.
- Reduce these 3Cs (Closed Areas, Crowded Areas, and Close-contact Environments) at all costs, and keep a respectable physical distance between yourself and others (At least 2 meters).
The Proper way of using face mask
- Make sure the student is wearing the fit mask than can cover the nose and mouth to secure that there is no passageway of air directly.
- Give them a new mask and an extra mask every day.
- Let them use a lanyard or lace to avoid falling. Students may keep on moving or running around.
- Remind them that don’t use again the mask after they eat it should be changed.
- Avoid touching their mask from time to time.
- Wash hands properly for 20 seconds using antibacterial soap.
- Use Alcohol from time to time.
- Sanitize the things before using them.
- Use tissue in wiping your face and throw it properly
- Put the used mask in the plastic before throwing it used alcohol after.
Important reminders for safety precautions
Always check the status of your child if he or she feels any of these symptoms please don’t let them go to school, advise their teacher immediately.
- Cough and cold
- Chest pain
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- Extreme fatigue
- severe headache
- nasal congestion
- loss of taste or smell
- Skin changes, such as discolored patches on the hands and feet
- Nausea, vomiting, belly pain or diarrhea
The symptoms of an infectious disease should keep student’s home from school, and they should get tested for COVID-19. They will be isolated for at least five days. When a child who has received COVID-19 can return to school but it still depends on school protocols and procedures.
The community is not only dealing with covid-19 pandemic and its different variants but also the new disease similar to smallpox caused by the monkeypox virus if you want to know about this you may read. What We Need to Know About Monkeypox Virus? . In order to ensure that the students are secure at school, we must be more precautious and create survival kit list.
SURVIVAL KIT LIST
Students are required to bring a survival kit list for face-to-face classes as a safety precaution. Whenever it concerns the children’s survival kit for school, there isn’t any such point as being too equipped. If the students encounter terrible situations at school, these kits are extremely beneficial. Avoid being caught off guard in the event of a school catastrophe. Teachers and staff will be capable of providing professional assistance in the case of a crisis if the necessary supplies are easily accessible at your institution. What belongs in a survival kit, do you know? For you to be better prepared. These are survival kits lists and the necessities for face-to-face classes:
- 500 ml or more in a water bottle
- Select nutritious foods such as fruits and vegetables instead of junk food.
- Personal items
- Additional clothes
- Soap with antibacterial
- Toothpaste and a toothbrush
- Hand sanitizer
- Hair brush
- Toilet Paper
- Primary care medicines
- Allergy and flu medication
- First-aid supply
- Antibacterial swabs
- Sterilized tweezers
- Safety pins
Keep in mind to carry your survival kit with you wherever you go, while at school you may place it beside your chair where you can grab one quickly. When an emergency occurs, remember to remain calm and take safety precautions.
Maintaining the safety of every student at school is more important than at home, parents and teachers should teach them the proper safety precautions and survival kit list for them to go out and go home safe. Inside our homes or condominiums, every family has its own way on how to deal with the covid-19 pandemic. They have a different style of cleaning or sanitation of their food, things, and soon. Aside from thinking about the safety of the students at school it is amazing that Bria Homes has a safety home or place and affordable house and lot to offer. Learn more about it Bria homes ensures safety of affordable house and lot owners amidst COVID-19
Written by Maria Joecel Porteros